In 1829, a perpetual charter was obtained from the Pennsylvania Legislature for the incorporation of the Franklin Fire Insurance Company. This was passed by an Act of Assembly, approved and signed by Governor J. Andrew Shulze on April 22, 1829. The first meeting of the sale of stock was at Daniel Rubican's Tavern where the stock sale was fully subscribed.
Capital Stock, issued in the 1930’s
Printed by the American Bank Note Company
7” (h) x 11” (w)
This certificate has vertical fold lines, punch hole and stamp cancels in signature areas and body, receipt adhered at left side border, edge faults and toning from age.