This company was originally founded in 1955 as a single privately-owned gasoline service station in New York City. The company grew to become an integrated wholesale and retail marketer and owner of gasoline stations. Later, the company combined real estate ownership, leasing and management with actual service station operation. The initial public offering came in 1971 under the name Power Test Corp.
Currently, the company is known as Getty Realty Corporation, who leases 958, or approximately 93%, of its properties on a long-term net basis to Getty Petroleum Marketing Inc., which was spun-off to Getty Realty shareholders as a separate NYSE listed company in March 1997. In December 2000 Getty Petroleum Marketing Inc. was acquired by a subsidiary of OAO Lukoil, one of Russia’s largest integrated oil companies.
Common Stock, issued in the 1980’s
Printed by the Corpex Bank Note Company
8” (h) x 12” (w)
This certificate has vertical fold lines, punch hole cancels in signature areas and body, toning and edge faults from age.