This famous San Francisco institution was originally chartered in June 1908 as the London-Paris National Bank of San Francisco. On March 17, 1909, the bank’s name was changed to The Anglo & London Paris National Bank. On June 30, 1932, the company adopted the name featured on these certificates – the Anglo California National Bank of San Francisco. In 1956, the company was merged into Crocker First National Bank.
Common Stock, issued in the 1940’s
Printed by the Security Bank Note Company
8” (h) x 12” (w)
This certificate has vertical fold lines, punch hole and stamp cancels in signature areas and body, some toning and edge faults from age.