Follansbee Steel Corporation

Follansbee Steel Corporation
Item# 3410gr
$15.00

Follansbee Steel traces its history back to the early 1800s when James Park produced a number of products, including block tin, ingot copper, antimony, sheet zinc, sheet iron, and tin-plated carbon steel, a widely-used sheet metal roofing product. The tin plated sheet manufactured by Park came to be known as the “old tin roof.”

Ownership of the company switched hands to James Scott, and eventually was purchased by John and Robert Follansbee. The outstanding performance and popularity of the "old tin roof" coupled with the brothers’ entrepreneurial expertise resulted in a rapid expansion of the newly named company of Follansbee Steel. In 1902, the opening of the Follansbee Steel plant gave rise to the establishment of the City of Follansbee.

In 1954, the Louis Berkman Company purchased Follansbee and sold all the basic steel production operations to Wheeling Steel.




Close Up of Vignette:




Certificate: Common Stock, issued in the 1940’s

Printer: Security Bank Note Company

Dimensions: 8” (h) x 11 1/2” (w)

State: WV-West Virginia

Subject Matter: Steel Companies

Vignette Topic(s): Industrial Scene | Male Subject

Condition: Vertical fold lines, punch hole cancels in signature areas and body, and some toning and edge faults from age.





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.