This company was formed in 1916 in Racine, Wisconsin by Harry C. Maibohm, and was originally known as the Maibohm Wagon Company. The Maibohm Wagon Company was reorganized into the Maibohm Motors Company later that year and began producing the Maibohm automobile in 1917.
From 1917 to 1919, the company produced about 6,000 automobiles that sold between $300.00 and $500.00. The first Maibohm automobiles were a model A two passenger speedster and two passenger coupe followed by a Model B five passenger touring car and five passenger enclosed car. All four automobiles used a four cylinder engine up until 1918. After that date a larger and more powerful Falls Six cylinder engine was used. This line continued to be produced in Racine until 1919 when a New Year’s Day fire completely destroyed the company’s factory.
After the fire, the company moved its operations to Sandusky, Ohio. In their new factory the company planned to produce 7,500 cars in 1920. The typical specification of the Maibohm five passenger Phaeton for 1922 included colors of green and burgundy, 116 inch wheelbase, 32 X 4 inch wheels and tires, six cylinder valve in head engine with 23.5 horsepower and a 3 speed transmission.
Due to the economic down turn in the 1920’s, the company was sold to Arrow Motors in 1922. Shortly there after the Maibohm factory was used to produce the Courier by the Courier Motor Company of Sandusky, Ohio.Certificate:
Fractional Dividend Warrant, issued in the 1920’sPrinter:
Not indicated Dimensions:
5 3/4” (h) x 10 1/2” (w)State: OH-Ohio Subject Matter: Automotive and Related
| Auto Makers Vignette Topic(s):
Vertical fold lines, no cancels, and some toning and edge faults from age.