Chicago, Indianapolis & St. Louis Short Line Railway Company

View Inventory

This company was incorporated January 24, 1903, under general railroad laws of the State of Illinois, for the purpose of constructing a double track railroad from Hillsboro, Illinois, to near Mitchell, Illinois. The Chicago and Eastern Illinois Railroad Company was jointly interested with the Cleveland Cincinnati Chicago and St Louis Railway Company, in the building of this line. The road was controlled by The Cleveland Cincinnati Chicago and St Louis Railway Company through ownership of the entire capital stock, and is operated as a part of its line. The line was leased to The Cleveland Cincinnati Chicago and St Louis Railway Company June 24, 1903, with the lease becoming effective November 1, 1902, running nine hundred and ninety-nine years. In January, 1913, this company was merged in, and became a part of, The Cleveland Cincinnati Chicago and St Louis Railway Company.

We are currently offering the following pieces from the Chicago, Indianapolis & St. Louis Railway Company:





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.