Chicago & Ohio River Railroad Company

View Inventory

The Chicago & Ohio River Railroad was chartered in 1869, as the Danville, Olney & Ohio River Railroad. It was constructed as a narrow-gauge line, from Kansas to West Liberty, in 1878-81; and in the latter year was changed to standard gauge. It was completed in 1883, from Sidell to Olney (86 miles). The same year it went into the hands of a receiver. It was sold under foreclosure, in February, 1886, and reorganized the following May, as the Chicago & Ohio River Railroad. It was then consolidated with the Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway, in 1893, and used as the Chicago Division of that line.

We are currently offering the following pieces from the Chicago & Ohio River Railroad Company:





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.