Chicago & South Eastern Railway Company

View Inventory

The Central Indiana Railway Company was originally chartered in 1875 as the Anderson, Lebanon & St. Louis Railroad. The line was mostly unprofitable so was sold and reorganized as the Cleveland, Indiana & St. Louis Railway in 1882. It was again reorganized in 1885 as the Midland Railway Company. A Chicago attorney acquired control of the line in 1891 and organized it as the Chicago & South Eastern Railway. In 1902 it was jointly acquired by the Pennsylvania and Big Four railroads, and was incorporated 16 March 1903 as the Central Indiana Railway Company. At this time the railroad ran a distance of 127 miles, from Muncie to Brazil, Indiana.

We are currently offering the following pieces from the Chicago & South Eastern Railway Company:





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.