Chicago Terminal Transfer Railroad Company

View Inventory

The Chicago Terminal Transfer Railroad was the successor to the Chicago & Northern Pacific Railroad. The latter was organized in November, 1889, to acquire and lease facilities to other roads and transact a local business. The Road under its new name was chartered, June 4, 1897, to purchase at foreclosure sale the property of the Chicago & Northern Pacific, soon after acquiring the property of the Chicago & Calumet Terminal Railway also. The combination gave it the control of 84.53 miles of road, of which 70.76 miles were in Illinois. The line was used for both passenger and freight terminal purposes, and also a belt line just outside the city limits. Its principal tenants were the Chicago Great Western, the Baltimore & Ohio, the Wisconsin Central Lines, and the Chicago, Hammond & Western Railroad.

We are currently offering the following pieces from the Chicago Terminal Transfer Railroad Company:





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.