Flint & Pere Marquette Railroad Company

View Inventory

The Flint & Pere Marquette Railway Company, formed Jan. 22, 1857, was one of the first companies in Michigan with track from East Saginaw to Mt. Morris. Originating traffic was lumber and salt. By 1874 the track extended from Monroe on Lake Erie to Ludington on Lake Michigan. Further expansion extended the system to Port Huron and Bay City and added numerous spur lines in the Saginaw Valley. The line was built south to Toledo as well. In 1880, the company reorganized and changed its name from ‘Railway’ to ‘Railroad’; On January 1, 1900, this Flint & Pere Marquette, the Chicago & West Michigan and the Detroit, Grand Rapids & Western were consolidated into the Pere Marquette RR. Today the remains of this system are the CSXT Saginaw Subdivision.

We are currently offering the following pieces from the Flint & Pere Marquette Railroad Company:





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.