The original company which built the first portion of this railroad was incorporated in 1857 under the name of the Amboy, Lansing and Traverse Bay Railroad Company, commonly known as the Ramshorn Road. It began with the construction of the road north of Lansing and completed about twenty miles between Owosso and Lansing before 1861.
On February 23, 1864, the Lansing and Jackson Railroad Company, as purchaser of the property of the Lansing and Jackson Company, which had been organized to build a railroad between Lansing and Jackson , filed articles of association, and on February 23, 1865, filed amended articles changing the name to the Jackson Lansing and Saginaw Railroad Company. On March 18, 1865, the State of Michigan authorized the latter Company to buy the railroad and property, including an associated land grant, of the Amboy Lansing and Traverse Bay Railroad Company, and on October 26, 1866, the contract of purchase was executed. The road was thereupon completed from Jackson to Lansing and from Owosso to Saginaw and Bay City, and in July, 1873, extended to Gaylord, and on December 31, 1881, all of the railroad from Jackson to Mackinaw City was completed. The line was operated under perpetual agreements dated August 31, 1871, September 1, 1876, and January 31, 1887 by the Michigan Central Railroad Company
. We are currently offering the following pieces from the Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw Railroad Company: