Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne & Chicago Railroad Company

View Inventory

The Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne and Chicago Railroad was incorporated on April 16, 1856 as a consolidation of the Ohio and Pennsylvania RR, the Ohio and Indiana RR, and the Fort Wayne and Chicago RR. The company then changed its name to the Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne and Chicago Railway in 1861.

The Pennsylvania Railroad provided financial assistance to these lines as early as 1858, and a reorganization resulting in the Pittsburgh Fort Wayne & Chicago consummated in 1862 and paved the way for the PRR to lease the new line.

In 1916, the company acquired the Marginal RR (Harmony Society of Economy, PA) and the Rochester, Beaver Falls & Western Railway.

We are currently offering the following pieces from the Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne & Chicago Railroad Company:





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.