Pittsburgh, Lisbon & Western Railroad Company


View Inventory

The Pittsburgh, Lisbon & Western Railroad followed the North Fork of the Little Beaver Creek and served the towns, Lisbon, Ohio, to New Galilee, Pennsylvania.

The White Clay Mine in South Beaver was the largest coal operation served on the PL&W. The 0-4-2 "dinky" engine and cars operated on a 39" gauge that traversed several miles in what is today the State Game Lands between Cole Road and Sterling Road. An incline railroad served the upper operation. The PL&W and White Mine operation was one of the first open pits in the nation. Tracks were laid from the main line in Cannelton in 1917, and the mine operated from 1919-1932. At times four PL&W trains would depart the mines to New Galilee. Engines, cars, tracks, steam shovels were sadly left behind when the easy coal was gone. The tipple was torn down in 1935. In 1940 the abandoned equipment was scrapped for the war effort. Today only a railroad grade across the North Fork of the Little Beaver leads to this past siding on the PL&W.


We are currently offering the following pieces from the Pittsburgh, Lisbon & Western Railroad Company:





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.